Sunday, June 1, 2014

Silver Polish...

Am I the only one left on the Planet that enjoys polishing Silver?
I have been given many pieces of silver, from goblets to tea and coffee service sets... and everything in between... from family and friends and what I am told is,, they don't like to polish silver..
Well bring it on! I love looking at the intricacies of the art work... I wonder how it was used, did the original owner ever use it, was it a gift?  Oh if only the silver could talk...
I do keep a lot of my silver pieces wrapped in flannel cloth and in an air tight container or zip bags.
Doing this slows down the tarnishing process... but then if you use your silver on a daily or at least weekly basis that to keeps the tarnishing at bay....
 I don't recall who gave me this pot,,, but I use it to hold  (silk) flowers.
 Sometime I will set one on the entry table by the front door... just because I can!
As you can see, here is one holding flowers... but the best part, is the pedestal that it is on.. This pedestal came from my Oma's home back in Germany... I know it is at least 60 years old.... and it has been dragged back and forth from Germany to the USA several times at least 4 times... and now it has a permanent home with me... Thank you Oma and mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you....